Medicare Supplement Plan N
Seniors were given an early Christmas present on June 1st, 2010. Congress put into effect new Medicare Supplement plans. One of the newest plans is Medigap Plan N. The opportunity to reduce your monthly health care premiums is a reality with Medigap Plan N. Insurance industry experts are excited about the new plans as seniors will be attracted by the lower monthly premiums. If your budget is stretched to the limit, Plan N may give you some relief without giving up your benefits.
This Medicare Supplement plan is attractive for those who are comfortable paying a small Doctor co-payment and or occasional Emergency Room co-payment visit. The office co-pay is $20 per visit while a visit to the ER will cost you $50 in copayment. The $198 deductible for Medicare Part B must be paid first before any of the benefits of Plan N kicks in. However, once the deductible has been satisfied, all other approved Medicare services are covered under the plan The Medigap Plan N is similar to the current Plan D cost sharing. It covers your doctor visit, hospital, labs, speech, diagnostic procedures and slew of others. If the medical services are approved Medicare services, then Plan N covers them
- Hospital Deductible (Medicare Part A Deductible): $1,408 benefit
- Hospitalization: Part A co-insurance (20%) plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end.
- Medical Expenses: Plan pays balance other than up to $20 per office visit and up to $50 per emergency room visit. The co-payment of up to $50 is waived if the insured is admitted to any hospital and the emergency visit is covered as a Medicare Part A expense.
- Blood: Plan pays first 3 pints of blood each year.
- Hospice: Part A coinsurance
- Skilled Nursing Facility Co-insurance: Plan pays up to $176 per day for the 21st through 100th day.
- Foreign Travel Benefit: After $250 deductible, covers 80% up to a lifetime maximum benefit of $50,000.